Fishtail Braid Tutorial

Happy Friday, and welcome to my first hair tutorial! The fishtail braid was a huge mystery to me for quite some time. I just couldn't grasp how to do this particular braid. Personally I think it was because I was so used to the regular braid (I think every indian girl learns how to do a braid at a young age haha). It was kind of frustrating, I mean if I could do a french braid, why was this one so difficult? After a couple of tries I finally figured it out, and it was a magical moment. I think what kept holding me back was, when you start this braid it doesn't look like anything. Once you get about half way down, that is when your braid it finally takes it's form. So my biggest tips for the fishtail braid, is to be patient, and keep going!

Here are the steps:

1. Gather all your hair to one side.

2. Part your hair into two even sections (a right section and a left section).

3. Grab a small piece of hair from the outer right side.

4. Take the piece of hair from the outer right hand side and bring it to the left side. Once the hair has been passed from one side to the other, you can forget about it, it will now stay on that side.

5. Grab a small piece of hair now from the outer left side.

6. Take the piece of hair from the outer left side and pass it to the right side.

7. Repeat steps 3-6. Make sure you grab small pieces of hair when making this braid, otherwise it might start to look like a regular braid.

8. Once you are finished, pull the sides of the braid to give it a fuller look.

If you try it out I would love to hear how it went.
Pictures by the lovely Julia
Thanks for reading!
xo Andrea

Comments

  1. Love the hair tutorial! I love fishtail braids, I wish my hair was long enough so I could rock this look! So so pretty!

    xxx
    Renee
    www.thelitesideoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts