Jambalaya



One of my favourite meals is Jambalaya. Whenever I go to a restaurant, I scan the menu to see if they are serving this southern dish. I mean what's not to love, this meal has chicken, sausage, vegetables and spice. I have started to teach cooking classes, so the other day I decided to take a leap of faith, and teach children how to make Jambalaya. Here is the secret, I had never made Jambalaya before. haha! Luckily  for me, this turned out really well, and I can now make this on a regular basis.

Chicken Jambalaya 

Ingredients:  

  • 6-8 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2-3 peppers. Chopped
  • 2-3 carrots, chopped 
  • 1 lb chicken breast
  • 1 lb sausage, chopped 
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1 tbsp Cajun spices
  • 1 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes 
  • 5-6 cups chicken stock
  • 2-3 green onions
     
Method:

1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chicken and sausage (the sausage will cook rather fast so remove it from the pan after 2-3 minutes, just when you see that it has browned).

2. Keep cooking the chicken for another 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, chopped peppers, garlic, carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chopped can tomatoes and cook for another 1 minute.

3. Add the rice and stir. Add the Cajun spices and mix in well. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.

4. Once the rice is almost cooked add the sausage and finish cooking the rice. It will take about 30 minutes. Turn of heat and let the rice rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the green onions on top.

Recipe source here





{Pics by moi}
Thanks for reading!
xo Andrea

Comments

  1. mmmmm looks super delish and substantial!!!! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally pinning this!!!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts