Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes


After making my first Chocolate Cake a few weeks ago, I wanted to continue experimenting with some other chocolate recipes. Enter in the amazing idea of mixing chocolate and bacon, that some genius chef conjured up, and turning it into a delectable treat. I love idea of mixing sweet and salty ingredients so I thought I would try to make this. The end result was delicious, even though I have probably gained a few pounds eating them. Here is the recipe!

How to make Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes

Ingredients:

12 slices of bacon
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup of cold coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Put cupcake lines into your cupcake tray (I used a mini cupcake tray).
3. In a heated pan cook the bacon until it is brown. Once they are cooled crumble them into
    small pieces.
4. In a bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk and oil and whisk until everything is blended.
6. Add 3/4 of the crumbled bacon into the cupcake mixture.
7. Scoop the batter into your prepared cupcake pan.
8. Bake for 15-20 min.
9. Cool the cupcakes and then decorate with your favourite icing.  Sprinkle the remaining
    crumbles of bacon on top. I also saved some of the bacon drippings and drizzled it on the top.

Enjoy!



{pics by moi}
Thanks for reading!
xo Andrea

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts