Courage


Sunglasses: Rayban; Shirt: Forever 21; Jacket: Forever 21; Jeans: American Eagle: Shoes: Costa Blanca
Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic week. I definitely did and it's all because I stepped outside my comfort zone and did the unthinkable, went to an event by myself (I can hear the gasps already). So instead talking about the outfit today, here is my story:

It was Wednesday November 14, and at the very last minute I heard about The Man Repeller coming down to visit Vancouver. I did not know what the event was going to be like, anyone that was going and I didn't really have time to invite a friend to come down with me. So I went by myself. Now going by yourself to an event can be really intimidating, especially a fashion event because all the questions running through your head are "who will I talk to, am I wearing the right outfit to the event, how do I start up conversation with people who all seem to know each other?." But I did it anyways and let me tell you it was one of the best nights. I met a girl in the line up who was also a blogger and while we didn't talk to much in the line up once we got inside we started chatting more. She had invited a bunch of her girlfriends down, so when they arrived a little while later, they all introduced themselves to me. I could tell they were wondering how their friend and I had known each other. They looked like a really tight knit group that had known each other for years (later I found out 3 of them were cousins). So I casually answered the "elephant in the room" question and told them that I actually did not know their friend, until I had met her tonight in the line up. 

We all stuck around the event for an hour and then I noticed that they started to make dinner plans. I didn't want to intrude their plans so I started people watching. Low and behold they got my attention and asked me if I wanted to join them for dinner?!? I was really kind of surprised but hey I love doing random things so I enthusiastically accepted. So a night that I thought could have possibly been one of the loneliest nights turned out into one of the most fun and interesting nights I have had.

I feel that when we travel we put ourselves out there and talk to random people, but when we are in our hometown we are shy to do so. After I got the courage to do this I am way more excited to do random stuff like this in the future and I hope you will as well. Do something that scares you in life once in a while, believe me it can turn into something amazing. I want to say thank you to the 4 girls who graciously invited me to their dinner, it really was so nice to get to know strangers who became friends after a meal. 

I would love to hear if you have any stories like this where you went out of your comfort zone. Also this is not the outfit that I wore to the event, you can find one on my facebook page with the lovely Leandra Medine from The Man Repeller.











Pictures by the amazing Julia
Thanks for reading my super long post and have a great weekend!
xo Andrea

Comments

  1. Good for you Andrea :) sounds like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning!

    Why don't we follow each other? :)

    XOXO,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything here!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the pastel pants the most :)
    thanks for ur sweet comment on my blog:) following u now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely blog! I'm your newest follower!

    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! adore your pants!
    Following you on GFC, Twitter and Bloglovin:)

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So inspiring honey,I enjoyed in this post;-)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pairing, I would have never thought of this color combination but it really looks so good together! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I really love yours, so fresh and I love the bright colors! I am your new follower. xo

    www.fashiondelights.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit. The color of your pants is lovely, I adore you shoes, and I have been looking for a jacket similar to that for a while now.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    P.S. I'm having a Giveaway for a set of Nail Polishes, a Clutch, and Necklace/Earring Set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your courage story! I very rarely step out of my comfort zone when it comes to things like that. I mud admit that it is mostly because I have my boyfriend and we always accompany each other in such occasions, but sometimes I do feel like I'm missing out on the opportunity to meet different people and go to blogger events, so I must start doing so...
    Also, I really liked your outfit! It's so girly and a bit summery, which makes me smile =)

    I would very much like us to follow each other, I am loving your blog! So if you're interested, visit me too, write me some lines and I'll be ever so happy to follow you back!
    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this parka look! and i loved the blue dress you wore with Leandra.

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had so much fun meeting new people. And i loved your outfit.
    Thank you for dropping by my blog :)
    I would very much like us to follow each other. Following you now :)
    http://mixedrambles.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love those pastel pants super cute outfit!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com

    Kristin
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! I love your pants!

    www.timolove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these colors together--the olive jacket toughens up the pink perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Andrea, thank you for leaving such a wonderful comment on my blog. You are such a pretty blog here! Love it! Great outfit too, I am totally diggin' the jacket!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts